Congress leader ND Tiwari marries Ujjwala Sharma; will Digvijay Singh be next?
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Taking a jibe at veteran Congress leader and former Uttar Pradesh chief minister Narayan Dutt Tiwari, who married Ujjwala Sharma on Wednesday night, senior BJP leader Sushil Kumar Modi on Thursday said that Congress general secretary Digvijay Singh is next in line.
Notably, Singh recently stunned everyone when he acknowledged his relationship with TV anchor Amrita Rai. The duo had acknowledged their relationship on Twitter and announced their impending marriage.
Commenting on the news of Tiwari`s wedding, Modi tweeted:
ND Tiwary in nupital knot at the age of 88.Next is Digvijay Singh.Many more Congmen to follow.
— Sushil Kumar Modi (@SushilModi) May 15, 2014
Tiwari married Ujjwala Sharma, retired lecturer and the woman whose son he recently accepted as his own, at his official residence in Mall Avenue area in Lucknow in the presence of family members from both the sides.
Ujjwala is mother of Rohit Shekhar, whose biological relation with the 88-year-old former Uttarakhand chief minister was settled by the Delhi High Court recently.
Tiwari was dressed in traditional wedding attire and Ujjwala wore a bright coloured saree and the `pichauda` (odhni) gifted by Tiwari`s family, she said.
Tiwari spoke about the wedding to her a few days back and discussed it later with their `kul purohit` (family priest) and the day of Budh Poornima on Wednesday was finalised for the occasion, Ujjwala told a news agency.
"I am happy that a social sanctity has been given to this relationship," Ujjwala said, looking happy after the wedding.
She said their son Rohit also wanted this to happen.
Tiwari`s office on Thursday said the legal process, including registration of the marriage, would be completed after a formal announcement of the marriage. Tiwari`s first wife passed away years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?