Congress leaders from Telangana to meet AK Antony committee
Hyderabad: Andhra Pradesh ministers, ruling Congress MLAs, MLCs and other Congress party leaders from the Telangana region will meet the A K Antony-led committee on Monday.
"We will meet the AK Antony Committee. We will give our views on issues like river water sharing and Hyderabad. We want the Congress Working Committee resolution (in favour of the formation of Telangana) implemented," Andhra Pradesh State Housing Minister N Uttam Kumar Reddy said on Sunday.
He was talking to reporters here after a meeting of Congress leaders from the Telangana region.
Ministers and other leaders from the Telangana region met state Congress chief Botsa Satyanarayana here a couple of days ago regarding the meeting with the Antony Committee.
The AK Antony Committee has been constituted by the Congress high command to look into the situation arising out of the decision to form a separate Telangana state after bifurcating the existing state of Andhra Pradesh.
Other members of the A K Antony Committee are Union Minister Veerappa Moily, All India Congress Committee General Secretary Digvijay Singh and Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s political secretary Ahmed Patel.
Union ministers and Congress leaders from Telangana region as well as those from Seemandhra, comprising coastal Andhra and Rayalaseema, had met the committee earlier.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions