Congress leaders in `depression of defeat`, need treatment: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Sunday attacked Congress leader Digvijay Singh for his barbs at Narendra Modi over his marital status, saying his comments reflected the "depression" creeping in the ruling party leaders over their "certain" defeat in Lok Sabha polls.
Congress leaders have sunk into "depression of defeat", party spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said, and cited Rahul Gandhi`s "baseless" allegation that RSS was behind the murder of Mahatma Gandhi to claim that the ruling party leaders are deliberately raking up irrelevant issues to mislead people.
Singh had attacked the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate over his marital status yesterday.
"I want to ask him if there is slightest respect for women in his heart, why does he leave blank the column where his wife`s name should be written in the election form. Why does not Modi say so if he is not married or he has left her?... How somebody, who cannot respect and take care of his wife, will look after the nation," the Congress general secretary had said.
Naqvi said the personal attack is nothing but an indication of their state of mind. Taking a jibe, he said, "What will be their condition after defeat in election when they are in such state now. Congress leadership should make arrangements for their treatment".
He also took potshots at AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal for the Z category security accorded to him, saying the "international leader" does not accept anything, but the things, whether it is a house or a chartered plane, are forced on him.
He accused Kejriwal of overstaying in government accommodation given to him when he was Delhi Chief Minister.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Bihar intermediate result 2015 (commerce) on biharboard.ac.in