Congress leaders offer condolences to Padma Shri Sis Ram Ola
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: Union Minister of Labour and Employment Sis Ram Ola, who was a member of the Indian National Congress and represented Jhunjhunu constituency of Rajasthan, passed away in Delhi on Sunday.
The 86-year old Congress leader had been admitted to the Gurgaon`s Medanta hospital with a cardiac complaint.
Later, Prime Minister Manmohan Singh expressed condolence on his death and said, "He was a valued colleague and dedicated social worker."
Besides him, Congress President Sonia Gandhi and party vice president Rahul Gandhi visited Ola`s residence along with other Congress leaders including Sachin Pilot and Motilal Vora.
Ola, who was member of the Rajasthan Legislative Assembly from 1957 to 1990 and a cabinet minister in the Government of Rajasthan from 1980 to 1990, was the recipient of the Padma Shri award in 1968 for social work.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement