Congress leaders released after being held for protests
New Delhi: Congress leaders Arvinder Singh Lovely, Dr. Naresh Kumar and Sajjan Kumar, who have been leading a vociferous protest against the water and power crisis in Delhi, have been released after being detained for an hour by the Delhi police in Nangloi.
Upon his release, Lovely told ANI, "I and others were brought to Mundka Thana which is very far rather than being taken to a nearby local station. This was a way to muffle the voices of people."
He added, "The government which used to talk about the democratic principles had now become the biggest killer of the same. Whether the government sends us to jail, whether we are arrested, or lathi charged, or come in line of water cannon, the Congress workers will not be afraid to protest against water and power crisis."
The three-day long protest has seen Congress workers firing salvos at the Narendra Modi-led Central government, which eventually led to water cannons being used by the police to disperse them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician