Congress-led alliance losing sheen: Survey
New Delhi: On the eve of eight years of UPA rule, a survey has suggested that the Congress-led alliance is losing its sheen and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has emerged as the most popular national leader ahead of the Prime Minister and Rahul Gandhi.
The ABP News-Nielsen survey also suggested that if General elections are held now, the BJP would garner 28 per cent of the votes while the Congress would manage only 20 percent.
"After eight years in power, the UPA pull seems to be diminishing. Narendra Modi, for the first time, emerges as the most popular national leader, ahead of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Rahul Gandhi," the news channel said in its release.
The channel said the survey, conducted in 28 cities across the country, also revealed that the BJP has turned out to be the most favoured party.
"In an interesting revelation, only 69 per cent of those who voted for Congress during the 2009 polls are still intending to vote for it if elections are held now," it said.
In 2009 General elections, the Congress had won 207 seats whereas the BJP secured 116.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!