Congress led UPA II govt arrogant: Sitharaman
Kolkata: The BJP Wednesday said that the Congress-led UPA II government at the Centre was being "arrogant" and did not feel it was answerable to the public.
"Congress party is arrogating to itself that it was not answerable to anyone," BJP national spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told newspersons here.
"This government has forfeited its authority to govern as it is in minority and is steeped in allegations of corruption and misdeeds," she said.
"This government does not think it needs to answer. It feels it is doing everything right and does not need to answer queries from either the opposition, the media or the people," Sitharaman said.
"Unless compelled by the courts, the government does not answer," she said.
The BJP leader said that while the Trinamool Congress has come out saying it cannot support this government, there were other parties which give it support but does not agree on several issues.
Claiming that during the NDA regime, Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had successfully run an alliance of 23 parties.
"Though there were (contentious) issues, there was coordination," Sitharaman said.
"In this government, there is no co-ordination between the Congress and its allies. Taking allies into confidence or keeping them informed or to consult them does not happen here," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah