Congress led UPA II govt arrogant: Sitharaman
Kolkata: The BJP Wednesday said that the Congress-led UPA II government at the Centre was being "arrogant" and did not feel it was answerable to the public.
"Congress party is arrogating to itself that it was not answerable to anyone," BJP national spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman told newspersons here.
"This government has forfeited its authority to govern as it is in minority and is steeped in allegations of corruption and misdeeds," she said.
"This government does not think it needs to answer. It feels it is doing everything right and does not need to answer queries from either the opposition, the media or the people," Sitharaman said.
"Unless compelled by the courts, the government does not answer," she said.
The BJP leader said that while the Trinamool Congress has come out saying it cannot support this government, there were other parties which give it support but does not agree on several issues.
Claiming that during the NDA regime, Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee had successfully run an alliance of 23 parties.
"Though there were (contentious) issues, there was coordination," Sitharaman said.
"In this government, there is no co-ordination between the Congress and its allies. Taking allies into confidence or keeping them informed or to consult them does not happen here," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress