Congress lost Aam Aadmi today: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Amidst a row over the name of his new political outfit, Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said that the Congress `lost Aam Aadmi today`.
Earlier today, the activist-turned-politician named his new political outfit the ‘Aam Admi Party’ at a meeting of around 300 founder members. The Congress objected to the name saying "aam aadmi" was its plank.
Tweeting that `Congress loses Aam Aadmi today’, Kejriwal said: “From now on, Cong ka haath Vadra ke saath, cong ka haath Kalmadi ke saath, cong ka haath bJP ke saath.”
Kejriwal had tweeted earlier in the day that he was a common man and that he would bring "swaraj", "poorn azadi" (complete independence), control price rise and implement Jan Lokpal.
He also invited people to Jantar Mantar on Monday to join his party during its official launch.
"Please come on 26 Nov to Jantar Mantar. All those who become members on that day would be treated as founding members," he tweeted.
The Congress has, however, objected to the choice of the party`s name, saying the slogan of "aam aadmi" has long been linked to the Congress.
"The `aam aadmi` has been synonymous with the Congress party since 1885. Nobody can hijack the intrinsic relation between Congress and the `aam aadmi`," Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'