Congress lost Aam Aadmi today: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Amidst a row over the name of his new political outfit, Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said that the Congress `lost Aam Aadmi today`.
Earlier today, the activist-turned-politician named his new political outfit the ‘Aam Admi Party’ at a meeting of around 300 founder members. The Congress objected to the name saying "aam aadmi" was its plank.
Tweeting that `Congress loses Aam Aadmi today’, Kejriwal said: “From now on, Cong ka haath Vadra ke saath, cong ka haath Kalmadi ke saath, cong ka haath bJP ke saath.”
Kejriwal had tweeted earlier in the day that he was a common man and that he would bring "swaraj", "poorn azadi" (complete independence), control price rise and implement Jan Lokpal.
He also invited people to Jantar Mantar on Monday to join his party during its official launch.
"Please come on 26 Nov to Jantar Mantar. All those who become members on that day would be treated as founding members," he tweeted.
The Congress has, however, objected to the choice of the party`s name, saying the slogan of "aam aadmi" has long been linked to the Congress.
"The `aam aadmi` has been synonymous with the Congress party since 1885. Nobody can hijack the intrinsic relation between Congress and the `aam aadmi`," Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive