Congress lost Aam Aadmi today: Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Amidst a row over the name of his new political outfit, Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday said that the Congress `lost Aam Aadmi today`.
Earlier today, the activist-turned-politician named his new political outfit the ‘Aam Admi Party’ at a meeting of around 300 founder members. The Congress objected to the name saying "aam aadmi" was its plank.
Tweeting that `Congress loses Aam Aadmi today’, Kejriwal said: “From now on, Cong ka haath Vadra ke saath, cong ka haath Kalmadi ke saath, cong ka haath bJP ke saath.”
Kejriwal had tweeted earlier in the day that he was a common man and that he would bring "swaraj", "poorn azadi" (complete independence), control price rise and implement Jan Lokpal.
He also invited people to Jantar Mantar on Monday to join his party during its official launch.
"Please come on 26 Nov to Jantar Mantar. All those who become members on that day would be treated as founding members," he tweeted.
The Congress has, however, objected to the choice of the party`s name, saying the slogan of "aam aadmi" has long been linked to the Congress.
"The `aam aadmi` has been synonymous with the Congress party since 1885. Nobody can hijack the intrinsic relation between Congress and the `aam aadmi`," Information and Broadcasting Minister Manish Tewari said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price