Congress men involved in Chhattisgarh Naxal attack conspiracy?
New Delhi: As NIA grappled with solving the killing of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh, it had also to deal with a purported report in its name which claimed that four Congress men were involved in the conspiracy behind the May 25 massacre.
The government was prompt to respond with Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde outrightly rejecting the claims made in media reports that four Congressmen were involved in the conspiracy behind the Naxal massacre that led to killing of 24 people including Congress leader Mahendra Karma.
"No NIA report has come to me. Matter is under probe. I deny news report of any NIA report or involvement of four congress men in Chhattisgarh massacre," Shinde told reporters.
National Investigating Agency teams at present camping in Raipur were also being confronted by journalists about the report which claimed that NIA had named four Congress leaders involved in the conspiracy hatched for the massacre.
"This is surprising and worst form of imagination which has been circulated in media to derail the investigations," a senior NIA official said.
He said the NIA probe was so far focused on identifying the group behind the massacre which had left 24 people including Karma, PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel and son besides injuring senior Congress leader VC Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Wild elephant tramples farmer to death in Coimbatore
- CID team visits Murshidabad hospital after two women killed in fire
- India must take Dawood's presence strictly with Pakistan: Samajwadi Party
- At least 10 killed, 32 injured in road accident in China's Guangxi Zhuang region
- Do you know low socioeconomic status can be a factor for heart attack? - Read