New Delhi: As NIA grappled with solving the killing of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh, it had also to deal with a purported report in its name which claimed that four Congress men were involved in the conspiracy behind the May 25 massacre.
The government was prompt to respond with Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde outrightly rejecting the claims made in media reports that four Congressmen were involved in the conspiracy behind the Naxal massacre that led to killing of 24 people including Congress leader Mahendra Karma.
"No NIA report has come to me. Matter is under probe. I deny news report of any NIA report or involvement of four congress men in Chhattisgarh massacre," Shinde told reporters.
National Investigating Agency teams at present camping in Raipur were also being confronted by journalists about the report which claimed that NIA had named four Congress leaders involved in the conspiracy hatched for the massacre.
"This is surprising and worst form of imagination which has been circulated in media to derail the investigations," a senior NIA official said.
He said the NIA probe was so far focused on identifying the group behind the massacre which had left 24 people including Karma, PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel and son besides injuring senior Congress leader VC Shukla.