Congress men involved in Chhattisgarh Naxal attack conspiracy?
New Delhi: As NIA grappled with solving the killing of Congress leaders in Chhattisgarh, it had also to deal with a purported report in its name which claimed that four Congress men were involved in the conspiracy behind the May 25 massacre.
The government was prompt to respond with Union Home Minister Sushilkumar Shinde outrightly rejecting the claims made in media reports that four Congressmen were involved in the conspiracy behind the Naxal massacre that led to killing of 24 people including Congress leader Mahendra Karma.
"No NIA report has come to me. Matter is under probe. I deny news report of any NIA report or involvement of four congress men in Chhattisgarh massacre," Shinde told reporters.
National Investigating Agency teams at present camping in Raipur were also being confronted by journalists about the report which claimed that NIA had named four Congress leaders involved in the conspiracy hatched for the massacre.
"This is surprising and worst form of imagination which has been circulated in media to derail the investigations," a senior NIA official said.
He said the NIA probe was so far focused on identifying the group behind the massacre which had left 24 people including Karma, PCC chief Nand Kumar Patel and son besides injuring senior Congress leader VC Shukla.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Another setback! Case filed against AAP workers for preventing emergency vehicle's movement
- WATCH: UNPLAYABLE! Have you seen this 'T20 ball of the century' by R Ashwin?
- Flood alert: Situation remains grim in Assam, Arunachal, railways affected in Bihar
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets