Congress messed up creation of Telangana: BJP
New Delhi: The BJP Tuesday slammed the government for messing up the creation of Telangana.
"The government has mishandled and messed up the issue," BJP leader M. Venkaiah Naidu said.
"The Congress is behaving irresponsibly, in an immature manner, arousing regional feelings. Congress leaders in Telangana are distributing sweets, and those in Seemandhra are protesting," he said.
"They are also telling people in Seemandhra that they were forced to create Telangana by BJP and TDP, and in Rayalseem region they are telling people that TRS will be merged with Congress," he added.
He said he could not believe this was the same Congress party that fought for India`s independence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa