Congress misusing CBI, says Rajnath Singh
Mumbai: BJP president Rajnath Singh said here on Tuesday that Congress has been misusing investigating agencies like CBI to settle scores with political rivals.
"Congress has been misusing the CBI. During elections, they will further misuse it," the BJP chief told reporters in suburban Bandra.
"Congress has misused CBI the most since Independence. In the ensuing Lok Sabha elections, CBI will be misused against BJP and other opposition parties," he said.
Singh also demanded that Prime Minister Manmohan Singh should call an all-party meeting on the Keran skirmish in Kashmir. "The Prime Minister should also realise that terror and talks can never go together," the BJP president said.
There has been an internal and external security crisis due to wrong policies of Congress, Singh claimed. "Congress is the biggest communal party in the country," he alleged.
Expressing concern over Indian economy, Singh said, "The country should consider an alternative economic model which will give jobs, food and shelter."
Without naming Rahul Gandhi, Singh said, "Why was he not sensitive to the issues of price rise, corruption, terrorism and naxalism as he was to the ordinance on tainted MPs?"
To a query on taking former Karnataka chief minister BS Yeddyurappa back into the BJP fold, Singh said, "The issue will be decided in the central parliamentary board."
"Since BJP`s inception we never had vertical division like Congress which witnessed it twice. BJP is the most secular political party because we never discriminate and ensure justice for all," he said.
Terming the alleged Rs 70,000 crore irrigation scam in Maharashtra as "shameful", the BJP leader said action should be taken against those involved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- AAP MLA Amanatullah Khan gets bail
- Merkel 'firmly' rejects reversing refugee policy after attacks
- Delhi government schools to hold first-ever parents-teachers meeting
- Faircent acclaimed ‘Interbrand Breakthrough Brand in Finance’ by Interbrand
- No concrete evidence on missing AN-32, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar