Congress misusing CBI, says Vasundhara Raje
Jaipur: BJP Rajasthan President Vasundhara Raje on Saturday accused the Congress of misusing CBI as a tool for political gain, both at the Centre and the state.
The Congress misused the agency against DMK Chief M Karunanidhi`s son M K Stalin after the party pulled out of the UPA alliance because it can touch any low to remain in power, she said.
Raje, while addressing the first executive committee meeting after her appointment as the party`s state chief, said the Congress misused CBI in Rajasthan also.
Her statement was made in an apparent reference to Dara Singh fake encounter case in which BJP MLA and her close Rajendra Rathore was allegedly involved.
"Congress takes CBI as its strong tool and has misused it in Rajasthan also," she said in the meeting held at a private resort on Agra highway near here.
She said that instead of finding a suitable way to revive moral values in the society, the Congress was trying to make the issue more complicated.
Lashing out the Congress government in the state, Raje said that it has no vision, no plan and no implementation and has pushed the state backward.
She claimed that no new development took place in the state whereas the law and order situation deteriorated and corruption was rampant in the Congress government.
"The Congress government did nothing for the state. It completed two and a half year in office while working on a roadmap prepared by our government and the remaining time it spent in making promises, which were not fulfilled," she said.
In the meeting, attended by BJP members, office bearers and others, she also discussed about the plan of her political campaign `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`, to start from next month.
"The situation of the state is worst and needs a change, and to highlight that the party believes the Yatra should be undertaken. We are discussing it in detail today and announcement will be made tomorrow," Arun Chaturvedi, state vice president BJP, told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Punjab seeks probe into AAP funding by radicals
- One killed, 13 injured in mob-police clash in Bengal
- Odisha officials harassing man who carried wife's corpse: Complaint
- MS Dhoni wishes to play more in America, says it's good venue for cricket
- CID takes over Bengal hospital fire probe, one detained for questioning