Congress misusing CBI, says Vasundhara Raje
Jaipur: BJP Rajasthan President Vasundhara Raje on Saturday accused the Congress of misusing CBI as a tool for political gain, both at the Centre and the state.
The Congress misused the agency against DMK Chief M Karunanidhi`s son M K Stalin after the party pulled out of the UPA alliance because it can touch any low to remain in power, she said.
Raje, while addressing the first executive committee meeting after her appointment as the party`s state chief, said the Congress misused CBI in Rajasthan also.
Her statement was made in an apparent reference to Dara Singh fake encounter case in which BJP MLA and her close Rajendra Rathore was allegedly involved.
"Congress takes CBI as its strong tool and has misused it in Rajasthan also," she said in the meeting held at a private resort on Agra highway near here.
She said that instead of finding a suitable way to revive moral values in the society, the Congress was trying to make the issue more complicated.
Lashing out the Congress government in the state, Raje said that it has no vision, no plan and no implementation and has pushed the state backward.
She claimed that no new development took place in the state whereas the law and order situation deteriorated and corruption was rampant in the Congress government.
"The Congress government did nothing for the state. It completed two and a half year in office while working on a roadmap prepared by our government and the remaining time it spent in making promises, which were not fulfilled," she said.
In the meeting, attended by BJP members, office bearers and others, she also discussed about the plan of her political campaign `Suraj Sankalp Yatra`, to start from next month.
"The situation of the state is worst and needs a change, and to highlight that the party believes the Yatra should be undertaken. We are discussing it in detail today and announcement will be made tomorrow," Arun Chaturvedi, state vice president BJP, told reporters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state