Congress misusing CBI, UPA govt may fall anytime: Rajnath
Rajsamand: BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused the Congress of misusing CBI as a tool to remain in power and said the days of UPA government were numbered.
"Congress led UPA government is a weak government and may go anytime. It is in minority but continues to remain in power due to the misuse of the CBI.
"The government must go because it is not acting in the interest of healthy democracy," Singh said during the launch of BJP state chief Vasundhara Raje`s `Suraj Sankalp Yatra` here.
"The government is making retired Director of the CBI a governor and proposing to make a former NIA officer chairman of NHRC," he said.
Singh said "as Ram killed Ravana, corruption will destroy the Congress."
"Congress has lost confidence among masses and does not have a leadership. The party will not return to power both at the Centre and Rajasthan," he said.
Singh held the Congress responsible for skyrocketing inflation and said that it all happened due to wrong economic policies and faulty planning of the UPA government.
"It was the NDA government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee that fought against corruption and took the nation forward at the international level by conducting nuclear tests," he said.
The BJP president claimed that his party has given best governments including in states, which, he said has been acknowledged by national and international survey agencies.
About the projection of Raje as the chief ministerial candidate for the state assembly elections due later this year, he said it was an open fact that her five-year rule was excellent as compared to the Congress government.
He flagged off the `Suraj Sankalp Yatra` after the meeting.
When Singh began his address, party workers shouted slogans in support of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves