Congress misusing CBI, UPA govt may fall anytime: Rajnath
Rajsamand: BJP chief Rajnath Singh on Thursday accused the Congress of misusing CBI as a tool to remain in power and said the days of UPA government were numbered.
"Congress led UPA government is a weak government and may go anytime. It is in minority but continues to remain in power due to the misuse of the CBI.
"The government must go because it is not acting in the interest of healthy democracy," Singh said during the launch of BJP state chief Vasundhara Raje`s `Suraj Sankalp Yatra` here.
"The government is making retired Director of the CBI a governor and proposing to make a former NIA officer chairman of NHRC," he said.
Singh said "as Ram killed Ravana, corruption will destroy the Congress."
"Congress has lost confidence among masses and does not have a leadership. The party will not return to power both at the Centre and Rajasthan," he said.
Singh held the Congress responsible for skyrocketing inflation and said that it all happened due to wrong economic policies and faulty planning of the UPA government.
"It was the NDA government led by Atal Bihari Vajpayee that fought against corruption and took the nation forward at the international level by conducting nuclear tests," he said.
The BJP president claimed that his party has given best governments including in states, which, he said has been acknowledged by national and international survey agencies.
About the projection of Raje as the chief ministerial candidate for the state assembly elections due later this year, he said it was an open fact that her five-year rule was excellent as compared to the Congress government.
He flagged off the `Suraj Sankalp Yatra` after the meeting.
When Singh began his address, party workers shouted slogans in support of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- How has life changed since govt's demonetisation move?
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof