Congress moves EC against Narendra Modi’s CBI, IM remarks
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday moved the Election Commission against remarks by BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi that CBI and IM will be used to prevent the opposition party from coming to power.
At a rally recently, Modi had alleged that the Congress was misusing the CBI and allowing Indian Mujahideen a "free hand" to settle political scores with him.
The Gujarat CM had accused the Congress of trying to attack him "from behind like a coward".
"One by one, the way incidents are taking place, it appears that those who could not defeat Modi in Gujarat, who were beaten badly in three elections and lost face who feel BJP and Modi cannot be stopped through democratic means....
"They are now using other means- of sometimes putting CBI after them, and at other times giving a free hand to Indian Mujahideen," he had said.
Modi`s reference to IM came in the wake of the serial bomb blasts suspected to be carried out by the terror outfit during his Patna rally of October 27 which left seven persons dead and scores of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say