Congress moves EC against Narendra Modi’s CBI, IM remarks
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday moved the Election Commission against remarks by BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi that CBI and IM will be used to prevent the opposition party from coming to power.
At a rally recently, Modi had alleged that the Congress was misusing the CBI and allowing Indian Mujahideen a "free hand" to settle political scores with him.
The Gujarat CM had accused the Congress of trying to attack him "from behind like a coward".
"One by one, the way incidents are taking place, it appears that those who could not defeat Modi in Gujarat, who were beaten badly in three elections and lost face who feel BJP and Modi cannot be stopped through democratic means....
"They are now using other means- of sometimes putting CBI after them, and at other times giving a free hand to Indian Mujahideen," he had said.
Modi`s reference to IM came in the wake of the serial bomb blasts suspected to be carried out by the terror outfit during his Patna rally of October 27 which left seven persons dead and scores of others injured.
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part IV
- Will Sonia Gandhi reveal the truth behind AgustaWestland chopper scam?
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Patna's first mall 'P&M' may shut down soon: Report
- '10% rise in China apparel prices to create 1.2 million Indian jobs'
- Sensitive people more vulnerable to online dating scams
- 40 cities to be selected in second round of smart city project: Govt