Congress moves EC against Narendra Modi’s CBI, IM remarks
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress on Wednesday moved the Election Commission against remarks by BJP’s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi that CBI and IM will be used to prevent the opposition party from coming to power.
At a rally recently, Modi had alleged that the Congress was misusing the CBI and allowing Indian Mujahideen a "free hand" to settle political scores with him.
The Gujarat CM had accused the Congress of trying to attack him "from behind like a coward".
"One by one, the way incidents are taking place, it appears that those who could not defeat Modi in Gujarat, who were beaten badly in three elections and lost face who feel BJP and Modi cannot be stopped through democratic means....
"They are now using other means- of sometimes putting CBI after them, and at other times giving a free hand to Indian Mujahideen," he had said.
Modi`s reference to IM came in the wake of the serial bomb blasts suspected to be carried out by the terror outfit during his Patna rally of October 27 which left seven persons dead and scores of others injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state