Congress moves EC, demands stern action against Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday moved Election Commission, demanding stern action against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Rajasthan`s chief ministerial candidate Vasundhara Raje for dubbing the party as "poisonous".
Congress has also urged the EC to restrain the BJP from using Red Fort replica at Modi`s election rallies in Delhi.
On November 24, Modi, while addressing a rally in the poll-bound Rajasthan, had returned Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s barb, saying no party can be more poisonous than Congress as it has thrived on what she had called the "poison of power" for almost half a century.
A day after Sonia Gandhi said BJP was a party of poisonous people, Modi had said Rahul Gandhi had once recalled that his mother Sonia had compared power to poison.
"Madam`s Shehzada once said in Jaipur that his mother told him that power is poison. They ruled the country for almost 50 years since independence...then who has tasted poison for longer period...it is Congress...then who else can be more poisonous (than Congress)," Modi said.
BJP state president Vasundhara Raje had once termed free medicines being distributed under the Free Medicine Scheme of the state government as ‘poison’.
Modi`s comment has irked the Congress, which has now knocked at the doors of the EC to take action against the BJP`s PM candidate ahead of Assembly Elections in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!