Congress moves EC, demands stern action against Narendra Modi
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress on Friday moved Election Commission, demanding stern action against BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and Rajasthan`s chief ministerial candidate Vasundhara Raje for dubbing the party as "poisonous".
Congress has also urged the EC to restrain the BJP from using Red Fort replica at Modi`s election rallies in Delhi.
On November 24, Modi, while addressing a rally in the poll-bound Rajasthan, had returned Congress chief Sonia Gandhi`s barb, saying no party can be more poisonous than Congress as it has thrived on what she had called the "poison of power" for almost half a century.
A day after Sonia Gandhi said BJP was a party of poisonous people, Modi had said Rahul Gandhi had once recalled that his mother Sonia had compared power to poison.
"Madam`s Shehzada once said in Jaipur that his mother told him that power is poison. They ruled the country for almost 50 years since independence...then who has tasted poison for longer period...it is Congress...then who else can be more poisonous (than Congress)," Modi said.
BJP state president Vasundhara Raje had once termed free medicines being distributed under the Free Medicine Scheme of the state government as ‘poison’.
Modi`s comment has irked the Congress, which has now knocked at the doors of the EC to take action against the BJP`s PM candidate ahead of Assembly Elections in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray