Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh resigns, another may quit
Hyderabad: Miffed over being ignored for inclusion in the central cabinet, Congress MP Kavuri Sambasiva Rao on Saturday resigned from the Lok Sabha while another MP is also mulling to quit.
Kavuri, who represents Eluru constituency in coastal Andhra Pradesh, sent his resignation letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, sources close to the MP said.
Kavuri voiced his unhappiness over the Congress ignoring him again while giving opportunities to leaders junior to him.
The central leadership is trying to persuade Rao to withdraw his resignation.
According to sources, the five-time MP was hopeful of a cabinet berth this time. Upset over not receiving the call from the leadership, he dashed off his resignation letter.
Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, the MP from Guntur, is also planning to resign for being ignored by the central leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- NIA busts ISIS module in Hyderabad; 11 arrested
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Inspiring! Poverty-stricken Bihar siblings beat all odds to crack IIT-JEE
- 7th Pay Commission: Know at a glance, see this informative chart
- Complete list of athletes representing India at 2016 Rio Olympics
- Hillary Clinton leads Donald Trump by 11 points in US presidential race
- Pakistan strongly condemns terrorist attack at Istanbul airport