Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh resigns, another may quit
Hyderabad: Miffed over being ignored for inclusion in the central cabinet, Congress MP Kavuri Sambasiva Rao on Saturday resigned from the Lok Sabha while another MP is also mulling to quit.
Kavuri, who represents Eluru constituency in coastal Andhra Pradesh, sent his resignation letter to Lok Sabha Speaker Meira Kumar and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, sources close to the MP said.
Kavuri voiced his unhappiness over the Congress ignoring him again while giving opportunities to leaders junior to him.
The central leadership is trying to persuade Rao to withdraw his resignation.
According to sources, the five-time MP was hopeful of a cabinet berth this time. Upset over not receiving the call from the leadership, he dashed off his resignation letter.
Rayapati Sambasiva Rao, the MP from Guntur, is also planning to resign for being ignored by the central leadership.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie