Congress MP Mukesh Gadhvi passes away
Ahmedabad: Congress MP from Banaskantha, Mukesh Gadhvi, on Friday passed away at a private hospital here, party sources said.
Gadhvi, 50, was admitted to Sterling Hospital here 10 days back after he suffered a brain stroke. He died of multiple organ failure today, sources said.
Gadhvi was a two-time MP from Banaskantha and three-time MLA from Danta.
He is survived by wife, two daughters and a son.
His father late B K Gadhvi was the Union Minister of State for Finance during the Rajiv Gandhi government and had also been the Gujarat unit party president.
Expressing grief, senior Congress leader Shaktisinh Gohil tweeted: "Very sad and shocking to hear that my friend and senior Congress leader from Banaskantha is no more."
Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi also expressed grief at Gadhvi`s demise.
Modi tweeted: "Sad to know about the demise of Banaskantha MP Mukesh Gadhvi. My condolences to his family. May his soul rest in peace."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed