Congress MP praises Modi, predicts victory for BJP in Seemandhra
Vijayawada: A senior Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh on Monday said BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held sway over youths and also predicted victory for BJP on at least 10 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra region if the saffron party supports the cause of united Andhra Pradesh.
"Youths from all parts of the country are getting attracted towards Modi...They are positively impacted by the Gujarat chief minister," Rao, who represents Guntur Lok Sabha seat, told reporters here.
Rao said he had decided to resign as an MP and also from primary membership of Congress in protest against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"If BJP changes its stand and supports the unified Andhra Pradesh, definitely it will win 10 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra region which has 13 districts," Rao said.
Seemandhra, comprising Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra regions, has been on boil ever since the Congress Working Committee accepted the proposal to split Andhra Pradesh in July.
BJP, said to be a fringe player in Andhra politics, has always supported the division of the southern state.
Rao revealed that Congress was expecting support from BJP in getting the Telangana formation bill passed in Parliament.
The senior leader, who is on his way out of party over creation of Telangana, alleged Congress was "dividing Telugu people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Lodha panel secretary accused BCCI selectors of taking sexual favours, reveals Ajay Shirke
- TMC govt cracks down on 'Narayani Sena', bans training camps in Cooch Behar district
- Brazil police say IOC's Patrick Hickey discussed illegal ticket sales
- TCS settles Orange County lawsuit for $26 mn; shares down
- Turkish military, US-led coalition launch major operation in northern Syria - officials