Congress MP praises Modi, predicts victory for BJP in Seemandhra
Vijayawada: A senior Congress MP from Andhra Pradesh on Monday said BJP`s prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi held sway over youths and also predicted victory for BJP on at least 10 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra region if the saffron party supports the cause of united Andhra Pradesh.
"Youths from all parts of the country are getting attracted towards Modi...They are positively impacted by the Gujarat chief minister," Rao, who represents Guntur Lok Sabha seat, told reporters here.
Rao said he had decided to resign as an MP and also from primary membership of Congress in protest against the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh.
"If BJP changes its stand and supports the unified Andhra Pradesh, definitely it will win 10 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra region which has 13 districts," Rao said.
Seemandhra, comprising Rayalaseema and Coastal Andhra regions, has been on boil ever since the Congress Working Committee accepted the proposal to split Andhra Pradesh in July.
BJP, said to be a fringe player in Andhra politics, has always supported the division of the southern state.
Rao revealed that Congress was expecting support from BJP in getting the Telangana formation bill passed in Parliament.
The senior leader, who is on his way out of party over creation of Telangana, alleged Congress was "dividing Telugu people".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what