`Congress MPs in Seemandhra indirectly aiding YSR Cong, TDP`
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana region on Saturday alleged that their counterparts in Seemandhra region were fomenting the ongoing agitation there against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and thereby indirectly helping in the growth of YSR Congress and TDP.
"The attitude of the Chief Minister (Kiran Kumar Reddy), the Union Ministers and MPs from Seemandhra region are in a way helping the growth of YSR Congress and TDP in that region," said Nizamabad MP, Madhu Goud Yaskhi.
"Media in Seemandhra region is spreading false stories about youth from the region not being able to visit Hyderabad," he said while talking to reporters here.
The pro-Telangana Congress MPs, including Ponnam Prabhakar, condemned the defacing of statues of former prime ministers Indira and Rajiv Gandhi by protesters in the Seemandhra region.
They expressed their gratitude towards UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi for fulfilling their 57-year-old demand for a separate Telengana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read