`Congress MPs in Seemandhra indirectly aiding YSR Cong, TDP`
New Delhi: Congress MPs from Telangana region on Saturday alleged that their counterparts in Seemandhra region were fomenting the ongoing agitation there against the proposed bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh and thereby indirectly helping in the growth of YSR Congress and TDP.
"The attitude of the Chief Minister (Kiran Kumar Reddy), the Union Ministers and MPs from Seemandhra region are in a way helping the growth of YSR Congress and TDP in that region," said Nizamabad MP, Madhu Goud Yaskhi.
"Media in Seemandhra region is spreading false stories about youth from the region not being able to visit Hyderabad," he said while talking to reporters here.
The pro-Telangana Congress MPs, including Ponnam Prabhakar, condemned the defacing of statues of former prime ministers Indira and Rajiv Gandhi by protesters in the Seemandhra region.
They expressed their gratitude towards UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi for fulfilling their 57-year-old demand for a separate Telengana state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'