Congress names panels for five poll-bound states
New Delhi: Gearing up for the assembly elections in five states scheduled towards the year-end, the Congress Sunday announced screening committees for them, said a party statement.
According to the statement, former union ministers CP Joshi And Ajay Maken, and Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, besides senior leaders Madhusudan Mistry and Mohan Prakash have been made heads of the screening committees for Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and Mizoram, respectively.
Joshi will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary BK Hariprasad and leader Manik Tagore, while for Delhi, Narayanasamy will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Shakeel Ahmed and Odisha leader Bhubaneshwar Kalita.
Mistry will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Mohan Prakash and Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh, while newly-appointed general secretary Gurudas Kamat and party leader RC Khuntia will assist Maken in Rajasthan.
For Mizoram, Mohan Prakash will be assisted by general secretary Luizinho Faleiro and Haryana MP Ashok Tanwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- File chargesheet against Chhota Rajan in Dey murder case by Aug 5, court tells CBI
- Swimming's governing body FINA bans seven Russians from participating at Rio Olympics
- Not liable to repay Rs 6,000 crore debt due to breach of terms: Kingfisher Airlines
- Pakistan assures China of 'smooth progress' of economic corridor
- Ajit Jogi opens new front against Congress over Mahanadi dam