Congress names panels for five poll-bound states
New Delhi: Gearing up for the assembly elections in five states scheduled towards the year-end, the Congress Sunday announced screening committees for them, said a party statement.
According to the statement, former union ministers CP Joshi And Ajay Maken, and Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, besides senior leaders Madhusudan Mistry and Mohan Prakash have been made heads of the screening committees for Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and Mizoram, respectively.
Joshi will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary BK Hariprasad and leader Manik Tagore, while for Delhi, Narayanasamy will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Shakeel Ahmed and Odisha leader Bhubaneshwar Kalita.
Mistry will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Mohan Prakash and Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh, while newly-appointed general secretary Gurudas Kamat and party leader RC Khuntia will assist Maken in Rajasthan.
For Mizoram, Mohan Prakash will be assisted by general secretary Luizinho Faleiro and Haryana MP Ashok Tanwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you