Congress names panels for five poll-bound states
New Delhi: Gearing up for the assembly elections in five states scheduled towards the year-end, the Congress Sunday announced screening committees for them, said a party statement.
According to the statement, former union ministers CP Joshi And Ajay Maken, and Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, besides senior leaders Madhusudan Mistry and Mohan Prakash have been made heads of the screening committees for Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and Mizoram, respectively.
Joshi will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary BK Hariprasad and leader Manik Tagore, while for Delhi, Narayanasamy will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Shakeel Ahmed and Odisha leader Bhubaneshwar Kalita.
Mistry will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Mohan Prakash and Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh, while newly-appointed general secretary Gurudas Kamat and party leader RC Khuntia will assist Maken in Rajasthan.
For Mizoram, Mohan Prakash will be assisted by general secretary Luizinho Faleiro and Haryana MP Ashok Tanwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi