Congress names panels for five poll-bound states
New Delhi: Gearing up for the assembly elections in five states scheduled towards the year-end, the Congress Sunday announced screening committees for them, said a party statement.
According to the statement, former union ministers CP Joshi And Ajay Maken, and Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, besides senior leaders Madhusudan Mistry and Mohan Prakash have been made heads of the screening committees for Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and Mizoram, respectively.
Joshi will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary BK Hariprasad and leader Manik Tagore, while for Delhi, Narayanasamy will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Shakeel Ahmed and Odisha leader Bhubaneshwar Kalita.
Mistry will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Mohan Prakash and Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh, while newly-appointed general secretary Gurudas Kamat and party leader RC Khuntia will assist Maken in Rajasthan.
For Mizoram, Mohan Prakash will be assisted by general secretary Luizinho Faleiro and Haryana MP Ashok Tanwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'