Congress names panels for five poll-bound states
New Delhi: Gearing up for the assembly elections in five states scheduled towards the year-end, the Congress Sunday announced screening committees for them, said a party statement.
According to the statement, former union ministers CP Joshi And Ajay Maken, and Minister of State in the PMO V Narayanasamy, besides senior leaders Madhusudan Mistry and Mohan Prakash have been made heads of the screening committees for Chhattisgarh, Rajasthan, Delhi, Madhya Pradesh, and Mizoram, respectively.
Joshi will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary BK Hariprasad and leader Manik Tagore, while for Delhi, Narayanasamy will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Shakeel Ahmed and Odisha leader Bhubaneshwar Kalita.
Mistry will be assisted by newly-appointed general secretary Mohan Prakash and Minister of State for Defence Jitendra Singh, while newly-appointed general secretary Gurudas Kamat and party leader RC Khuntia will assist Maken in Rajasthan.
For Mizoram, Mohan Prakash will be assisted by general secretary Luizinho Faleiro and Haryana MP Ashok Tanwar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- RAW footage Caution: Speeding train runs over man as he lay on rail track – WATCH
- Ravichandran Ashwin, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar visit three-time NBA champions Miami Heat
- Tripura CM Manik Sarkar appeals to people to maintain peace, harmony
- SC rejects review petition of Telangana for division of assets
- VIDEO! Lionel Messi wins UEFA 'Goal of the Season' award for scoring this beauty