Congress` no to electoral tie-up with Trinamool
Kolkata: Union Minister Jairam Ramesh on Tuesday ruled out any electoral tie-up with Trinamool Congress in West Bengal.
"Congress will not have any electoral alliance with any party which had secret understanding with BJP to win Lok Sabha bye-election as happened at an industrial constituency (Howrah LS seat) near Kolkata", Ramesh told reporters here.
"Trinamool Congress is still a regional party, may be it has contested elections in some seats in other states", he said.
Ramesh said Congress will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha elections banking on its achievements and success in the form of Right to Information (RTI) Act, MGNREGA, Forest Rights Act, Right to Education for children between the ages of 6 and 14, National Food Security Act and New Land Acquisition Act "which have been immensely popular".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player