Congress non-committal on continuance of Bansal, Ashwani Kr
New Delhi: Congress was on Thursday non-committal on the continuance of Union Ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, embroiled in controversies, in the Cabinet.
"Government is seized of the matter. Let us wait. This decision will be taken by the government. It will be done between the Prime Minister and his Cabinet colleague," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters.
She made the remarks after a meeting Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had with the party spokespersons as also AICC general secretaries Janardan Dwivedi who is the in-charge of AICC media department.
Her remarks close on the heels of Bansal skipping a meeting of Union Cabinet which triggered speculation that he may be on his way out.
"I am not an astrologer. How can I predict what is going to happen? These are probabilties, these are possibilities. We cannot say anything about it at this time. A process is on.
"As long as this process does not culminate, we cannot preempt any of the issue....The matter is subjudice. We cannot preempt a reply," Chowdhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Women have emotionally more intense nightmares than men
- BJP leader's son abducted by suspected ULFA militants, Rs 1cr ransom demanded
- Jio test uses commercial airwaves, but no revenue to govt: COAI
- South Africa vs New Zealand, 1st Test, Day 4: Play abandoned again in Durban
- RBL Bank's IPO oversubscribed 3 times on Day 2