Congress non-committal on continuance of Bansal, Ashwani Kr
New Delhi: Congress was on Thursday non-committal on the continuance of Union Ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, embroiled in controversies, in the Cabinet.
"Government is seized of the matter. Let us wait. This decision will be taken by the government. It will be done between the Prime Minister and his Cabinet colleague," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters.
She made the remarks after a meeting Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had with the party spokespersons as also AICC general secretaries Janardan Dwivedi who is the in-charge of AICC media department.
Her remarks close on the heels of Bansal skipping a meeting of Union Cabinet which triggered speculation that he may be on his way out.
"I am not an astrologer. How can I predict what is going to happen? These are probabilties, these are possibilities. We cannot say anything about it at this time. A process is on.
"As long as this process does not culminate, we cannot preempt any of the issue....The matter is subjudice. We cannot preempt a reply," Chowdhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened