Congress non-committal on continuance of Bansal, Ashwani Kr
New Delhi: Congress was on Thursday non-committal on the continuance of Union Ministers Pawan Kumar Bansal and Ashwani Kumar, embroiled in controversies, in the Cabinet.
"Government is seized of the matter. Let us wait. This decision will be taken by the government. It will be done between the Prime Minister and his Cabinet colleague," party spokesperson Renuka Chowdhary told reporters.
She made the remarks after a meeting Congress Vice President Rahul Gandhi had with the party spokespersons as also AICC general secretaries Janardan Dwivedi who is the in-charge of AICC media department.
Her remarks close on the heels of Bansal skipping a meeting of Union Cabinet which triggered speculation that he may be on his way out.
"I am not an astrologer. How can I predict what is going to happen? These are probabilties, these are possibilities. We cannot say anything about it at this time. A process is on.
"As long as this process does not culminate, we cannot preempt any of the issue....The matter is subjudice. We cannot preempt a reply," Chowdhary said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...