Congress not averse to accommodating TMC MPs
Kolkata: In the backdrop of rebellion by some disgruntled Trinamool Congress MPs against the party leadership, AICC Secretary Shakeel Ahmed Khan today indicated that the Congress was not averse to taking them in, if `they believed in the ideology of the party`.
"Our motto is clear. Whosoever wants to come on our terms believing in Congress ideology and whosoever wants to expose the misrule of TMC, may come," Ahmed, in-charge of the state, told a Bengali news channel.
He also ruled out the possibility of Congress allying with the TMC in the next Lok Sabha election.
"There is no scope for alliance. We have faced problems," he said.
Three TMC MPs Kunal Ghosh, Tapas Pal and Shatabdi Roy had criticised the party last Friday at a programme in the presence of rebel party MLA Shikha Mitra, wife of Somen Mitra, another party MP.
This had prompted the TMC leadership to slap show-cause notices on the three MPs for alleged anti-party activities.
Somen Mitra had later said that he would take a decision after the puja festival on the issue of his continuing in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem