Congress not averse to accommodating TMC MPs
Kolkata: In the backdrop of rebellion by some disgruntled Trinamool Congress MPs against the party leadership, AICC Secretary Shakeel Ahmed Khan today indicated that the Congress was not averse to taking them in, if `they believed in the ideology of the party`.
"Our motto is clear. Whosoever wants to come on our terms believing in Congress ideology and whosoever wants to expose the misrule of TMC, may come," Ahmed, in-charge of the state, told a Bengali news channel.
He also ruled out the possibility of Congress allying with the TMC in the next Lok Sabha election.
"There is no scope for alliance. We have faced problems," he said.
Three TMC MPs Kunal Ghosh, Tapas Pal and Shatabdi Roy had criticised the party last Friday at a programme in the presence of rebel party MLA Shikha Mitra, wife of Somen Mitra, another party MP.
This had prompted the TMC leadership to slap show-cause notices on the three MPs for alleged anti-party activities.
Somen Mitra had later said that he would take a decision after the puja festival on the issue of his continuing in the party.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security