Congress not averse to doing business with AAP, hints Gohil
New Delhi: A Congress spokesman today suggested that his party may not be averse to doing business with Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party.
"Our fight is for ideology. We are a big party which believes in connecting people. We have no problem if any likeminded party comes to us," party spokesman Shaktisinh Gohil told reporters.
He was asked whether there was any problem in any tieup between Congress and AAP. Congress had provided outside support to the shortlived Kejriwal government in Delhi recently in the wake of the polls throwing up a hung Assembly.
At the same time, Gohil said that Congress was against politics of violence. He said this in the context of the clash between AAP and BJP workers in the wake of brief detention of Kejriwal in Gujarat.
Gohil said the BJP has become panicky over Kejriwal`s visit to Gujarat as Narendra Modi is wondering from where the "new artist" has suddenly cropped up raising all sorts of issues.
"Till now only Modi and BJP were doing drama. They feel who is this new artist who has suddenly cropped up on the scene," he said, adding that the issues being raised by the AAP leader were taken up by the state Congress.
He suggested that the issues are now getting a good play in the media because Modi is no longer just the Chief Minister of Gujarat but also the Prime Ministerial candidate of the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand