Congress not averse to doing business with AAP, hints Gohil
New Delhi: A Congress spokesman today suggested that his party may not be averse to doing business with Arvind Kejriwal`s Aam Aadmi Party.
"Our fight is for ideology. We are a big party which believes in connecting people. We have no problem if any likeminded party comes to us," party spokesman Shaktisinh Gohil told reporters.
He was asked whether there was any problem in any tieup between Congress and AAP. Congress had provided outside support to the shortlived Kejriwal government in Delhi recently in the wake of the polls throwing up a hung Assembly.
At the same time, Gohil said that Congress was against politics of violence. He said this in the context of the clash between AAP and BJP workers in the wake of brief detention of Kejriwal in Gujarat.
Gohil said the BJP has become panicky over Kejriwal`s visit to Gujarat as Narendra Modi is wondering from where the "new artist" has suddenly cropped up raising all sorts of issues.
"Till now only Modi and BJP were doing drama. They feel who is this new artist who has suddenly cropped up on the scene," he said, adding that the issues being raised by the AAP leader were taken up by the state Congress.
He suggested that the issues are now getting a good play in the media because Modi is no longer just the Chief Minister of Gujarat but also the Prime Ministerial candidate of the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill