Congress not ending Telangana-Seemandhra war: BJP
New Delhi: BJP leader Arun Jaitley Friday accused the Congress-led UPA government of not taking steps to reconcile differences between representatives of the Seemandhra and Telangana regions.
"No effort has been made to reconcile the differences... The government has not provided a forum for conciliation," Jaitley said.
He said Parliament was "unable to discuss the aspirations of the two regions" and that squabbling politicians were getting a bad name.
"In the process, Indian democracy continues to get a bad name. The image of the ugly politician emanating from what is happening in parliament continues to dominate the popular perception," he said.
"The causes of the parliamentary stalemate and the ugly scenes one saw yesterday are essentially UPA-provoked."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’