Congress playing votebank politics for Telangana: Gadkari
Hyderabad: Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) President Nitin Gadkari has accused the Congress of indulging in votebank politics for establishing its influence in the Telangana region.
Addressing media persons here on Sunday, Gadkari said: "The Congress party has declared the decision. They are creating the problems. If they don`t want to execute it, why did they declare the decision? Actually, whatever things have happened in Andhra Pradesh, It is only because of the votebank politics of the Congress."
He further said the BJP would support the bill for a separate state of Telangana if it was placed in Parliament.
The Srikrishna Committee formed by the Central Government to look into the Telangana issue was a waste of time, he alleged.
"The Central Government first declared and later deferred its promise in December 2009 to bifurcate Andhra Pradesh," he said.
Talking on other issues, Gadkari said he was glad that Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit had admitted that the Afzal Guru file was being pushed under political pressure.
"I think she (Sheila Dikshit) is speaking the truth. The BJP party has accused the Congress party again and again that the word ``secular`` means an appeasement of terrorist.
The work of pulling Afzal Guru`s file under political pressure is an appeasement for terrorist. The blame that we are putting on the Congress party and Sheila Dikshit has agreed to it and I respect her for that," said Gadkari.
The issue was further aggravated with the controversial statement made by Dikshit a few days ago, where she denied that the Home Ministry had sent her a letter on the case.
He also blamed the policies of the UPA government for the miseries of farmers in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced today at 10 am
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!