Congress presenting non-issues as issues in Parliament: BJP
New Delhi: BJP on Monday accused Congress of presenting non-issues as issues before Parliament and giving lessons on patriotism when it had "surrendered" before terrorism and adopted a "soft" approach towards Mumbai attack mastermind Hafiz Saeed.
The ruling party also accused the Congress of doing so as a result of desperation and frustration after its rout in the Lok Sabha elections.
It also questioned Congress for its inaction on Kashmiri separatist Yasin Malik for sitting in a dharna with Saeed in Pakistan on the Afzal Guru hanging issue.
"Congress is raising non-issues and presenting them as issues. Today the Parliament witnessed two such issues. One was related to a journalist`s visit to Pakistan in which he is supposed to have met Hafiz Saeed. The other issue pertains to destroying of files," Information & Broadcasting Minister Prakash Javadekar, who is also a BJP spokesperson, said.
"The reality is that Congress knows what it is putting forth is not right. It is desperate to hide its frustration due to the defeat. The Congress is desperate. Its real issue is Leader of Parliament (LoP). When people of the country have rejected it to be in government and also not given it the numbers to get the LoP how can the BJP help," he said.
The minister said the government has already disapproved the visit and the journalist`s meeting with Saeed, who is guilty of committing crime in India and is a terrorist.
"Indian government has nothing to do with either the visit or meeting the people there," he said.
Questioning the Congress for its inaction against Malik, he asked, "Why Congress did not take action against Yasin Malik who sat in a dharna with Hafiz Saeed."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack