Congress president Sonia Gandhi to fly to the US for medical check-up
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi is travelling to the US for a medical check-up, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
"Her going to the US for medical check-up is due," he said but declined to give any details when asked about reports that she may by flying out tomorrow evening.
This is her second trip for the purpose after a gap of six months.
Gandhi, who had undergone a surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment in August, 2011, had flown there on September 2 last year for a check-up. She had again been to the US in February this year.
Gandhi was on August 26 admitted to AIIMS hospital after she was taken ill in the Lok Sabha where her pet welfare legislation and UPA`s ambitious Food Security Bill was in the final stages of adoption.
She was discharged from the hospital after spending five hours. Gandhi, who had cough and headache, had felt uneasy in Parliament after taking medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border