Congress president Sonia Gandhi to fly to the US for medical check-up
New Delhi: Congress president Sonia Gandhi is travelling to the US for a medical check-up, a senior party leader said on Sunday.
"Her going to the US for medical check-up is due," he said but declined to give any details when asked about reports that she may by flying out tomorrow evening.
This is her second trip for the purpose after a gap of six months.
Gandhi, who had undergone a surgery in the US for an undisclosed ailment in August, 2011, had flown there on September 2 last year for a check-up. She had again been to the US in February this year.
Gandhi was on August 26 admitted to AIIMS hospital after she was taken ill in the Lok Sabha where her pet welfare legislation and UPA`s ambitious Food Security Bill was in the final stages of adoption.
She was discharged from the hospital after spending five hours. Gandhi, who had cough and headache, had felt uneasy in Parliament after taking medicines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city