Congress president Sonia Gandhi`s plane makes emergency landing
Zee Media Bureau
Rajasthan: A flight carrying Congress president reportedly made an emergency landing here on Sunday evening.
The flight was reportedly forced to make an emergency landing due to bad weather.
The UPA Chairperson was heading back to Delhi from Pachpadara area here after addressing the foundation stone laying ceremony of a Rs 37,230-crore refinery and petrochemical complex.
With the recent communal violence weighing on her mind, Sonia Gandhi today said the country`s secular ethos require that all communities move forward shoulder-to-shoulder on the path of development and a government needs to maintain peace and harmony to ensure this.
"Every section of society should move forward together... shoulder-to-shoulder. This is India`s secular culture.... And foundation of governance," Gandhi said.
Gandhi`s remarks came in the backdrop of the recent communal violence in Muzaffarnagar district of Uttar Pradesh which left 48 people dead and thousands of others displaced.
Also her party has been targeted by the opposition BJP with its Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi alleging that Congress was wearing a "burqa" of secularism to hide from real issues of development.
The UPA Chairperson said the central government led by Manmohan Singh was committed to all-round development, inclusive growth and empowerment of poor, tribals and women. Hailing Ashok Gehlot government`s flagship schemes including free medicine and diagnostic facilities in government run hospitals, Gandhi said that refinery and petrochemical complex will give a huge revenue impetus to Rajasthan.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read