Congress pushed country into ditch: IAC
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption (IAC) today alleged that Congress pushed the country into a ditch but is now making a hue and cry about saving the nation.
Senior IAC leader Manish Sisodia alleged those who were sent to Parliament to serve the country were "actually selling" it.
"They don`t do anything in Parliament but is making a hue and cry in Ramlila Maidan," he said, referring to the Congress rally here in support of FDI in multi-brand retail.
Referring to the speeches of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, he said Congress has pushed the country into a ditch.
"You were in power for eight years. Instead of saving the country, you destroyed it," he said.
Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy tweeted, "what a flop show...The speeches were disastrous. Most of all there was no enthusiasm in the crowd. Rent a crowd."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested