Congress pushed country into ditch: IAC
New Delhi: Arvind Kejriwal-led India Against Corruption (IAC) today alleged that Congress pushed the country into a ditch but is now making a hue and cry about saving the nation.
Senior IAC leader Manish Sisodia alleged those who were sent to Parliament to serve the country were "actually selling" it.
"They don`t do anything in Parliament but is making a hue and cry in Ramlila Maidan," he said, referring to the Congress rally here in support of FDI in multi-brand retail.
Referring to the speeches of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi, he said Congress has pushed the country into a ditch.
"You were in power for eight years. Instead of saving the country, you destroyed it," he said.
Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy tweeted, "what a flop show...The speeches were disastrous. Most of all there was no enthusiasm in the crowd. Rent a crowd."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'