Congress raps PDP for controversial Kashmir map
New Delhi: The Congress Monday objected to the Peoples Democratic Party`s (PDP) depiction of parts of Jammu and Kashmir as places in China and Pakistan and demanded "immediate withdrawal of the controversial map".
Addressing the routine media briefing at the Congress headquarters here, party spokesperson Manish Tewari said: "We demand the PDP withdraw the controversial map immediately. PDP`s depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in different colours is highly objectionable."
The PDP in a power-point presentation in Srinagar Saturday depicted Aksai Chin in red colour and as part of China, while the Pakistan Administered Kashmir was coloured in green.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday voiced strong objection to the PDP "giving away of parts of J&K" to China.
Tewari said: "After altering the Indian map, the PDP defended showing parts of J&K in China."
"The kind of pictorial adventurism (by the PDP) has diplomatic implications," Tewari added.
The chief minister, voicing his objection to the PDP`s map, said Sunday: "While we want the borders and the Line of Control to become irrelevant where people can freely move from one part to the other, but the gifting away (on the map to any other country) is unacceptable."
The PDP was a coalition partner with the Congress for six years (2002-08) in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Absconding rape accused AISA leader Anmol Ratan to apply for anticipatory bail
- Silly to have advertised my Chevalier award: Kamal Haasan
- Chikungunya outbreak in Delhi: Symptoms, tips to stay safe!
- Hal Shashti Vrat 2016: What is the significance of Balaram Jayanti!
- Good news for Vaishno Devi pilgrims! Shrine Board to announce new route soon - Know details