Congress raps PDP for controversial Kashmir map
New Delhi: The Congress Monday objected to the Peoples Democratic Party`s (PDP) depiction of parts of Jammu and Kashmir as places in China and Pakistan and demanded "immediate withdrawal of the controversial map".
Addressing the routine media briefing at the Congress headquarters here, party spokesperson Manish Tewari said: "We demand the PDP withdraw the controversial map immediately. PDP`s depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in different colours is highly objectionable."
The PDP in a power-point presentation in Srinagar Saturday depicted Aksai Chin in red colour and as part of China, while the Pakistan Administered Kashmir was coloured in green.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday voiced strong objection to the PDP "giving away of parts of J&K" to China.
Tewari said: "After altering the Indian map, the PDP defended showing parts of J&K in China."
"The kind of pictorial adventurism (by the PDP) has diplomatic implications," Tewari added.
The chief minister, voicing his objection to the PDP`s map, said Sunday: "While we want the borders and the Line of Control to become irrelevant where people can freely move from one part to the other, but the gifting away (on the map to any other country) is unacceptable."
The PDP was a coalition partner with the Congress for six years (2002-08) in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- 1st Test, Day 1: Steve Smith-led Australia in driver's seat after bowling out Sri Lanka for 117
- 'Kabali' Rajinikanth follows just one politician on Twitter; he is PM Narendra Modi
- 7th CPC: Govt to set up anomalies committees related to IAS, IPS, IFoS
- WATCH: 17 runs off 1 ball! Virender Sehwag does the impossible against Pakistan
- 7th Pay Commission: No annual increment for govt employees if performance not upto the mark