Congress raps PDP for controversial Kashmir map
New Delhi: The Congress Monday objected to the Peoples Democratic Party`s (PDP) depiction of parts of Jammu and Kashmir as places in China and Pakistan and demanded "immediate withdrawal of the controversial map".
Addressing the routine media briefing at the Congress headquarters here, party spokesperson Manish Tewari said: "We demand the PDP withdraw the controversial map immediately. PDP`s depiction of Jammu and Kashmir in different colours is highly objectionable."
The PDP in a power-point presentation in Srinagar Saturday depicted Aksai Chin in red colour and as part of China, while the Pakistan Administered Kashmir was coloured in green.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah Sunday voiced strong objection to the PDP "giving away of parts of J&K" to China.
Tewari said: "After altering the Indian map, the PDP defended showing parts of J&K in China."
"The kind of pictorial adventurism (by the PDP) has diplomatic implications," Tewari added.
The chief minister, voicing his objection to the PDP`s map, said Sunday: "While we want the borders and the Line of Control to become irrelevant where people can freely move from one part to the other, but the gifting away (on the map to any other country) is unacceptable."
The PDP was a coalition partner with the Congress for six years (2002-08) in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls