Congress rejects BJP`s charge relating to snooping
New Delhi: Congress on Tuesday rejected BJP`s charge that it is behind the expose of illegal snooping of a woman in Gujarat allegedly at the behest of chief minister Narendra Modi.
Union Minister Kapil Sibal slammed BJP on the issue and said time has come for the main opposition to come clean on the "real story behind the manufactured one".
Sibal expressed surprise at BJP chief Rajnath Singh`s allegation that the "dirty tricks department" of Congress is behind the whole issue.
"Rajnath Singh has said that this is the work of the Congress tricks department. I am a little surprised by that comment because the Macbeth of Indian politics today is not a Congressman. The dramatis persona is not Congressman, the actors in this particular episode were not Congressmen, the script was not written by Congressmen and the victim certainly is not a Congress person," he said.
"So I do not know how Congress tricks department got into this. The person who recorded is also someone who has nothing to do with Congress party. So I think they do not know what to say and it’s time to have some answers. Those who are now saying today that my mothers and sisters are shielding me have forgotten that he never shielded them in 2002,"Sibal said.
Reacting to a question, Sibal said the right to privacy belongs to women and not the father as she was an adult.
"The answers to all this manufactured facts are very clear. The time has come to come clean and to tell the people of India what was really happening and what is the real story behind the manufactured story," Sibal said.
Asked about former Gujarat Home Minister Amit Shah`s silence on the issue, Sibal said BJP was playing a politics of "non-response".
"The Prime Ministerial candidate is not responding, others as well are doing so. What they are selling to this country is a dream and an illusion. Part of it is not to respond to anything which is the reality," Sibal added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi