Congress rejects BJP`s demand for suspending talks with Pakistan
New Delhi: Rejecting BJP`s demand for suspending talks with Pakistan, Congress on Monday said it is in favour of a composite dialogue as having any "hostile" attitude is not a solution.
Party spokesman P C Chacko also echoed the government`s view on the just-concluded visit of Pakistan Interior Minister Rehman Malik as he said he had "not done his home work".
"We have to talk to them. There has to be discussions. We should continue to talk in spite of all the differences ....Suspending talks or having hostile attitude is not a solution," Chacko told reporters here in reply to a volley of questions on the issue.
He replied in the affirmative when asked whether Congress is for a composite dialogue with Pakistan.
Noting that the papers supplied by Pakistan on the arrest of JuD chief Hafiz Saeed did not support the arguments of Malik, he said that it showed that the Pakistan Minister had "not done his home work" and his "unsubstantiated allegations proved wrong."
He said that the party shares the government`s view that the process of talks with Pakistan should continue despite "all setbacks and wrong claims."
Earlier, BJP had demanded suspension of talks with Pakistan and cancellation of the upcoming Indo-Pak cricket series as Malik had "insulted" India.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog