Congress rejects Mulayam’s charge, says UPA will complete its term
Delhi: Minister of State (MoS) in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) V Narayanaswamy on Thursday rejected the charges made by Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav that Congress is "cheat and clever" and said that the ruling coalition government at the Centre will competes its term.
The brief reaction from the MoS came a day after the SP chief attacked the Congress and said it can’t be trusted. Calling the ruling party as “cheat and clever”, Mulayam also said that neither the BJP, nor the Congress can form a government in 2014.
The SP chief said this while addressing a rally in Etawah on Wednesday,
Addressing his party workers in Saifai, Mulayam said, “Congress always does things keeping in mind elections.”
"First, the party waived farmers` loan slightly and then the elections took place which saw Congress winning a convincing majority. They are so clever and such cheats that people believe them all the time, " he said and asked the people not to fall for Congress` tactics.
Hinting at his ambitions for a larger role in national politics, Yadav said coming Lok Sabha elections is the "real elections as Delhi means everything".
"State governments don`t mean much. They are like your `patwari` (revenue official) and government in Delhi is akin to your Collector", the SP chief said.
Speaking on the occasion, Yadav`s son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said party workers` next target should be to see Yadav in the throne in Delhi.
The SP chief claimed that in next Lok Sabha elections, SP would be in the role of a kingmaker and party workers should work hard so that the party can done the key role.
He said the faith with which people installed a SP government in Uttar Pradesh has to be reiterated in Lok Sabha elections.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- Status of political parties to be reviewed every 10 years
- WOAH! BJP MP Paresh Rawal launches fierce attack on India's Rio Olympics officials
- 30% to vote for SP, BJP+ 27%, BSP 26% in next UP Assembly elections: Survey
- Article 370 will be dealt later, peace in Valley a priority: Ahir
- Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Assam Governor