Congress rejects Mulayam’s charge, says UPA will complete its term
Delhi: Minister of State (MoS) in the Prime Minister`s Office (PMO) V Narayanaswamy on Thursday rejected the charges made by Samajwadi Party (SP) supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav that Congress is "cheat and clever" and said that the ruling coalition government at the Centre will competes its term.
The brief reaction from the MoS came a day after the SP chief attacked the Congress and said it can’t be trusted. Calling the ruling party as “cheat and clever”, Mulayam also said that neither the BJP, nor the Congress can form a government in 2014.
The SP chief said this while addressing a rally in Etawah on Wednesday,
Addressing his party workers in Saifai, Mulayam said, “Congress always does things keeping in mind elections.”
"First, the party waived farmers` loan slightly and then the elections took place which saw Congress winning a convincing majority. They are so clever and such cheats that people believe them all the time, " he said and asked the people not to fall for Congress` tactics.
Hinting at his ambitions for a larger role in national politics, Yadav said coming Lok Sabha elections is the "real elections as Delhi means everything".
"State governments don`t mean much. They are like your `patwari` (revenue official) and government in Delhi is akin to your Collector", the SP chief said.
Speaking on the occasion, Yadav`s son and Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said party workers` next target should be to see Yadav in the throne in Delhi.
The SP chief claimed that in next Lok Sabha elections, SP would be in the role of a kingmaker and party workers should work hard so that the party can done the key role.
He said the faith with which people installed a SP government in Uttar Pradesh has to be reiterated in Lok Sabha elections.
With PTI inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt