Congress rejects RSS views on madarsas
New Delhi: Congress on Friday rejected the views
of RSS that madarsas encourage terrorism saying the party
does not support it.
"Congress does not support it (madarsas encourage
terrorism). We do not endorse it," party spokesperson Jayanthi
Natarajan told reporters here.
She was replying to a query on RSS Chief Mohan Bhagwat`s
views on the issue.
Addressing a gathering of students of Sangh-affiliated
Eklavaya schools here, Bhagwat gave an example of an RSS
student interacting with his teacher.
"The student tells his guru that he had not got education
of violence....The education I have got and the education we
are imparting is not one of committing atrocities on others.
Our education is not of madarsas that it would encourage
terrorism," Bhagwat quoted the student as saying.
Natarajan claimed everybody knows the origin of his
"We do not endorse...It shows the attitude and mind of
the person making it," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by Fadnavis, Rijiju; Aviation Minister apologises
- Washington Navy Yard lockdown: As it happened