Congress retorts Narendra Modi: `F for fake encounter, G for Genocide`
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
New Delhi: Hitting back at Narendra Modi’s `ABCD of corruption` remark, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Wednesday sought to settle the score when he extended the alphabet comment started by the Gujarat CM, saying `F stands for Fake encounter and G for Genocide`.
"I do not know whether they are learning the A B C D of politics or they are not learning the X Y Z of politics, but I do know that the alphabetical primer that he follows starts with F that stands for Fake Encounter and ends with G which stands for Genocide," Tewari told reporters.
Modi’s riposte referred to two dark spots associated with Modi’s name, one - fake encounters (that of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Tulsi Prajapati and Ishrat Jahan) and second – 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Even though, Modi has not yet been indict in any of the fake encounter cases and has secured a clean chit from Supreme Court-appointed SIT in 2002 post-Godhra riots, the allegations never stop to haunt him.
Tewari’s retort came after Modi mocked the UPA government for its alleged involvement in various scams while addressing a Jaipur rally.
Addressing a huge crowd at Amrud`o ka Baag in the Pink City, Modi enlisted his new alphabet of scams for the UPA government, saying, “Now students will learn A for Adarsh scam, B for Bofors scam, C for CWG scam, D and Damad Ka Karobar”.
At the same rally, Modi also ridiculed PM Manmohan Singh’s G20 Summit trip, saying that the nation has no idea what PM said there, but he did “return to announce” who his “new boss” (Rahul Gandhi) would be?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- India finds promising natural gas hydrates in Bay of Bengal
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
- Kapil Sharma aka Kappu's Twitter account 'hacked'! – Know who did it
- More than 37,000 flee South Sudan for Uganda: UN
- World to end in a global apocalypse this Friday on July 29?