Congress retorts Narendra Modi: `F for fake encounter, G for Genocide`
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
New Delhi: Hitting back at Narendra Modi’s `ABCD of corruption` remark, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Wednesday sought to settle the score when he extended the alphabet comment started by the Gujarat CM, saying `F stands for Fake encounter and G for Genocide`.
"I do not know whether they are learning the A B C D of politics or they are not learning the X Y Z of politics, but I do know that the alphabetical primer that he follows starts with F that stands for Fake Encounter and ends with G which stands for Genocide," Tewari told reporters.
Modi’s riposte referred to two dark spots associated with Modi’s name, one - fake encounters (that of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Tulsi Prajapati and Ishrat Jahan) and second – 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Even though, Modi has not yet been indict in any of the fake encounter cases and has secured a clean chit from Supreme Court-appointed SIT in 2002 post-Godhra riots, the allegations never stop to haunt him.
Tewari’s retort came after Modi mocked the UPA government for its alleged involvement in various scams while addressing a Jaipur rally.
Addressing a huge crowd at Amrud`o ka Baag in the Pink City, Modi enlisted his new alphabet of scams for the UPA government, saying, “Now students will learn A for Adarsh scam, B for Bofors scam, C for CWG scam, D and Damad Ka Karobar”.
At the same rally, Modi also ridiculed PM Manmohan Singh’s G20 Summit trip, saying that the nation has no idea what PM said there, but he did “return to announce” who his “new boss” (Rahul Gandhi) would be?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000km strategic road
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets gift of 2000 km strategic road - Part II
- WTA world rankings: Serena Williams still reigns as number one
- OP Jaisha marathon row: Vijay Goyal passes the buck to IOA, assures probe
- Xiaomi likely to unveil Redmi Note 4 on August 25
- Natural to express grief over mistreatment of Dalits: LK Advani
- Hundreds of NASA's studies now available online for free!