Congress retorts Narendra Modi: `F for fake encounter, G for Genocide`
Zee Media Bureau/Supriya Jha
New Delhi: Hitting back at Narendra Modi’s `ABCD of corruption` remark, Minister of State for Information and Broadcasting Manish Tewari on Wednesday sought to settle the score when he extended the alphabet comment started by the Gujarat CM, saying `F stands for Fake encounter and G for Genocide`.
"I do not know whether they are learning the A B C D of politics or they are not learning the X Y Z of politics, but I do know that the alphabetical primer that he follows starts with F that stands for Fake Encounter and ends with G which stands for Genocide," Tewari told reporters.
Modi’s riposte referred to two dark spots associated with Modi’s name, one - fake encounters (that of Sohrabuddin Sheikh, Tulsi Prajapati and Ishrat Jahan) and second – 2002 post-Godhra riots.
Even though, Modi has not yet been indict in any of the fake encounter cases and has secured a clean chit from Supreme Court-appointed SIT in 2002 post-Godhra riots, the allegations never stop to haunt him.
Tewari’s retort came after Modi mocked the UPA government for its alleged involvement in various scams while addressing a Jaipur rally.
Addressing a huge crowd at Amrud`o ka Baag in the Pink City, Modi enlisted his new alphabet of scams for the UPA government, saying, “Now students will learn A for Adarsh scam, B for Bofors scam, C for CWG scam, D and Damad Ka Karobar”.
At the same rally, Modi also ridiculed PM Manmohan Singh’s G20 Summit trip, saying that the nation has no idea what PM said there, but he did “return to announce” who his “new boss” (Rahul Gandhi) would be?
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’