Congress-RJD seal seat sharing alliance for Lok Sabha polls in Bihar
Zee Media Bureau
Patna: Ending days of suspense, Congress and the RJD led by Lalu Prasad Yadav finally sealed a seat sharing alliance for the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
According to reports, the two sides have agreed to a seat-sharing formula according to which the Congress will contest on 12 seats while Lalu Prasad`s RJD will field candidates in 27 other seats out of the 40 Lok Sabha seats in Bihar.
The Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) led by Sharad pawar will contest on one seat in the state.
However, the picture is still not clear distribution is not yet clear as Lalu had earlier offered 11 seats to the Congress party and insisted to keep the Madhubani and Motihari seats.
While the sources claimed that the two sides have sealed an alliance for contesting Lok Sabha polls in Bihar, Congress sources claimed that party vice president Rahul Gandhi is interested in forging an alliance with Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar`s Janata Dal (United).
Lalu had on Sunday warned Congress to accept his proposal on seat-sharing for Bihar by saying, "It is not my responsibility alone to stop the communal forces...Others too should be accommodating."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding
- US investigating non-travel Zika case in new area in Florida