Congress saving corrupt ministers for fear of heat reaching PM: BJP
New Delhi: Stepping up its attack on Congress on corruption issue, BJP on Monday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar should step down otherwise people will "throw them out".
The opposition party also charged the Congress with adopting different yardsticks for its allies.
"Congress is indulging in corruption and saves its own ministers over corruption. Why are there different standards for A Raja and Kalanidhi Maran and for Congress Ministers when corruption allegations are levelled against them? They fear that the heat will reach the Prime Minister," BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the Congress party, which was formed to bring in a revolution in the country, has today turned into a party of the "corrupt".
"The revolutionary Congress has now become the corrupt Congress. Mahatma Gandhi laid the foundation of the Congress for bringing in a revolution, but Sonia Gandhi has made it into the Congress of corruption," said Naqvi.
"Those who are indulging in crime and those protecting them are both culprits. The Prime Minister and the ministers involved in these scams should resign and will have to go. Otherwise, the people of the country will throw them out," the BJP leader said.
He said the CBI had cleared doubts about the government making changes in the status report. "This is corruption and the government is trying to cover it up," BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said, making a reference to the story of Alibaba.
BJP Spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, "If there is any an iota of shame left in the government, it should immediately resign."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog