Congress saving corrupt ministers for fear of heat reaching PM: BJP
New Delhi: Stepping up its attack on Congress on corruption issue, BJP on Monday said Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Railway Minister Pawan Kumar Bansal and Law Minister Ashwani Kumar should step down otherwise people will "throw them out".
The opposition party also charged the Congress with adopting different yardsticks for its allies.
"Congress is indulging in corruption and saves its own ministers over corruption. Why are there different standards for A Raja and Kalanidhi Maran and for Congress Ministers when corruption allegations are levelled against them? They fear that the heat will reach the Prime Minister," BJP leader Ravi Shankar Prasad told reporters.
BJP Vice President Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi said the Congress party, which was formed to bring in a revolution in the country, has today turned into a party of the "corrupt".
"The revolutionary Congress has now become the corrupt Congress. Mahatma Gandhi laid the foundation of the Congress for bringing in a revolution, but Sonia Gandhi has made it into the Congress of corruption," said Naqvi.
"Those who are indulging in crime and those protecting them are both culprits. The Prime Minister and the ministers involved in these scams should resign and will have to go. Otherwise, the people of the country will throw them out," the BJP leader said.
He said the CBI had cleared doubts about the government making changes in the status report. "This is corruption and the government is trying to cover it up," BJP leader Yashwant Sinha said, making a reference to the story of Alibaba.
BJP Spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said, "If there is any an iota of shame left in the government, it should immediately resign."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31