Congress saving Modi in Sohrab case: Lalu
New Delhi: Accusing Congress of reaching an understanding with BJP on the issue of price rise and the nuclear liability bill, RJD chief Lalu Prasad on Wednesday said the reported clean chit given to Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi in the Sohrabuddin case was a result of the pact.
"Congress and BJP are together on several issues... Today`s media reports indicate that Modi has been given a clean chit by CBI in the Sohrabuddin case," Prasad told reporters outside Parliament House in New Delhi.
He claimed that former Gujarat junior home minister Amit Shah could not have taken a decision on the Sohrabuddin matter without the knowledge of Modi, who heads the Gujarat home department.
"CBI is interrogating Shah who is only a small fish but the sharks are still out in the open," he said referring to Modi.
He alleged that while parties like BSP and SP were silent, Congress has reached an understanding with BJP using CBI as a tool.
They have asked BJP not to raise the price rise issue and support the government on the nuclear liability bill and in return gave Modi a clean chit, Prasad claimed.
He claimed that CBI clean chit was not possible without the knowledge of the Centre.
The former Bihar chief minister said that his party will continue to raise the issue in Lok Sabha and even hold a dharna on the floor of the House.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress