Congress says BJP`s internal fighting behind Prajapati case CD
New Delhi: Rejecting allegation of any conspiracy by it, Congress on Wednesday asked BJP to look within to find out who was behind the sting operation that allegedly caught Prakash Javadekar discussing ways to "manipulate" the complainant in Tulsiram Prajapati fake encounter case.
"Some people are alleging that there is a Congress conspiracy behind the CD and 10 Janpath (Sonia Gandhi`s official residence) is behind it. We have no hand in this. Congress can never resort to such cheap tactics.
"BJP should search within to find out who planned all this. Leaders of BJP keep fighting among themselves. There is fierce internal fight among them. Instead of blaming us, they should look within. There are many senior leaders in that party.
They should see whether the conspiracy was planned there," party spokesperson Meem Afzal told reporters here.
The journalist, who carried out the sting, had filed a PIL in the Supreme Court accusing Javadekar and another party MP Bhupendra Singh Yadav of "conspiring" to impede trial in the case.
The AICC had held a special press conference yesterday to show the CD to journalists and demanded the resignation of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi over the episode as the main accused in the Prajapati case, Amit Shah, is his close aide.
Javadekar has, however, dismissed the content of sting operation and said that the ruling Congress has been reduced to doing politics over a "ridiculous and distorted" CD.
Latching on the CD content and a letter by suspended IPS office D G Vanzara slamming Modi yesterday, the Congress spokesperson said that the "Gujarat government is in the dock" and that Modi should step down. "Should he not resign on such a serious issue," he questioned.
Quoting some portions from Vanzara`s letter, Afzal said that they prove that Gujarat government was "doing politics over encounters" and trying to take "political mileage".
Afzal also said that he was not endorsing Vanzara and Congress has nothing to do with him, when asked why his party was giving so much importance to the cop whom they had earlier criticised.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!