Congress says Lok Sabha polls will be held on time
Kolkata: Senior Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed on Friday dismissed West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that the Lok Sabha elections will be held in 3-4 months as `political posturing` and said that it will be held as scheduled in 2014.
"It may be her perception that the polls will be preponed, but it is not going to happen. The Congress government will complete its full term. The Lok Sabha polls will be held only in 2014," Ahmed told PTI here.
"This is nothing but political posturing. But it will not help," he said.
Rebutting Banerjee`s claim of step-motherly treatment by the Centre, he said it has provided all the assistance that the state has sought.
"It is a false allegation by the Trinamool. The people of Bengal are well aware of the kind of misrule that Trinamool has ushered in and they will give an answer in the panchayat polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price