Congress says Lok Sabha polls will be held on time
Kolkata: Senior Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed on Friday dismissed West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that the Lok Sabha elections will be held in 3-4 months as `political posturing` and said that it will be held as scheduled in 2014.
"It may be her perception that the polls will be preponed, but it is not going to happen. The Congress government will complete its full term. The Lok Sabha polls will be held only in 2014," Ahmed told PTI here.
"This is nothing but political posturing. But it will not help," he said.
Rebutting Banerjee`s claim of step-motherly treatment by the Centre, he said it has provided all the assistance that the state has sought.
"It is a false allegation by the Trinamool. The people of Bengal are well aware of the kind of misrule that Trinamool has ushered in and they will give an answer in the panchayat polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police