Congress says Lok Sabha polls will be held on time
Kolkata: Senior Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed on Friday dismissed West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that the Lok Sabha elections will be held in 3-4 months as `political posturing` and said that it will be held as scheduled in 2014.
"It may be her perception that the polls will be preponed, but it is not going to happen. The Congress government will complete its full term. The Lok Sabha polls will be held only in 2014," Ahmed told PTI here.
"This is nothing but political posturing. But it will not help," he said.
Rebutting Banerjee`s claim of step-motherly treatment by the Centre, he said it has provided all the assistance that the state has sought.
"It is a false allegation by the Trinamool. The people of Bengal are well aware of the kind of misrule that Trinamool has ushered in and they will give an answer in the panchayat polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender