Congress says Lok Sabha polls will be held on time
Kolkata: Senior Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed on Friday dismissed West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee`s claim that the Lok Sabha elections will be held in 3-4 months as `political posturing` and said that it will be held as scheduled in 2014.
"It may be her perception that the polls will be preponed, but it is not going to happen. The Congress government will complete its full term. The Lok Sabha polls will be held only in 2014," Ahmed told PTI here.
"This is nothing but political posturing. But it will not help," he said.
Rebutting Banerjee`s claim of step-motherly treatment by the Centre, he said it has provided all the assistance that the state has sought.
"It is a false allegation by the Trinamool. The people of Bengal are well aware of the kind of misrule that Trinamool has ushered in and they will give an answer in the panchayat polls," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry