Congress scared of Narendra Modi: Rajnath Singh
Ambikapur: BJP chief Rajnath Singh claimed Saturday that the Congress was scared of the rising popularity of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and said he expected the Congress to soon intensify its attacks on Modi.
Addressing thousands of people at a rally in Ambikapur in Chhattisgarh, Rajnath Singh said: "Modi is one of the most popular leaders of the country and the Congress would try to intensify all sorts of attacks on him as the party is scared of his popularity.`
"All surveys have confirmed Modi`s popularity and the BJP is in line to form the next government at the centre," said the BJP chief from the state`s tribal heartland Ambikapur town, headquarters of sprawling Surguja region, some 250 km from state capital.
He said the development and welfare works by Modi were being discussed abroad.
The BJP chief hit out at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh for his recent statement in parliament slamming the opposition for allegedly not allowing the house to function smoothly.
"Everybody knows in India what is the real plight of economy, people are battling poverty and unemployment but it`s humorous and ridiculous that the prime minister held the opposition BJP responsible for its own government`s failures," said Rajnath Singh.
"He (prime minister) said the Congress government failed to deliver because the BJP was vocal in parliament," the BJP president said at the rally held to mark the conclusion of the 6,000 km-plus Vikas Yatra of Chief Minister Raman Singh of the BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day