Congress scared of Narendra Modi, sees him everywhere: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress party is scared of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, alleged BJP national spokesperson Prakash Javadekar on Monday.
Taking a dig, Javadekar said Congress sees Modi everywhere.
The party has developed `Modiphobia`, Javadekar added.
Modi, who was recently elevated as chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) election campaign panel, yesterday invoked the name of veteran leader and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the Sankalp rally in Punjab.
Modi lavished praise on Vajpayee as a leader and for good governance. He drew comparison of Vajpayee`s tenure as the prime minister (1999-2004) with the United Progressive Alliance`s tenure since then, alleging that the UPA has failed the nation on all fronts.
While Modi questioned Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s style of governance, especially related to issues of the country`s security and international standing, he also took jibes at the Congress and its leadership. He said that the country was not safe in the hands of the Congress.
During his 20-minute speech, Modi did not mention any other BJP leader, especially senior leader LK Advani who has been upset with the BJP for promoting Modi on the national scene.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review