Congress scared of Narendra Modi, sees him everywhere: BJP
Zee Media Bureau
New Delhi: The Congress party is scared of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, alleged BJP national spokesperson Prakash Javadekar on Monday.
Taking a dig, Javadekar said Congress sees Modi everywhere.
The party has developed `Modiphobia`, Javadekar added.
Modi, who was recently elevated as chairman of the Bharatiya Janata Party`s (BJP) election campaign panel, yesterday invoked the name of veteran leader and former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee at the Sankalp rally in Punjab.
Modi lavished praise on Vajpayee as a leader and for good governance. He drew comparison of Vajpayee`s tenure as the prime minister (1999-2004) with the United Progressive Alliance`s tenure since then, alleging that the UPA has failed the nation on all fronts.
While Modi questioned Prime Minister Manmohan Singh`s style of governance, especially related to issues of the country`s security and international standing, he also took jibes at the Congress and its leadership. He said that the country was not safe in the hands of the Congress.
During his 20-minute speech, Modi did not mention any other BJP leader, especially senior leader LK Advani who has been upset with the BJP for promoting Modi on the national scene.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi lays foundation stone of IARI at Barhi: As it happened
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report