`Congress scared of Narendra Modi`
New Delhi: Amidst speculation that Narendra Modi and Rahul Gandhi will be pitted against each other in the 2014 General Elections for the PM’s post, Bihar`s Animal Husbandry and Fisheries Minister Giriraj Singh on Saturday said that Congress is scared of the Gujarat Chief Minister.
Commenting on the ongoing tiff between the Samajwadi Party and the Congress, the senior BJP leader alleged that there is match-fixing between the former and the latter.
Giriraj Singh`s comment came amidst a controversy over the recent meeting between Modi and a US delegation that included four members of the House of Representatives - all Republicans.
It has been alleged that the meeting was ‘fixed’.
While a media report claimed that organisers of the US delegation had canvassed for participants in the trip at prices ranging from USD 3,000 to USD 16,000, the Gujarat Congress alleged that Modi bribed the delegation to praise him.
Gujarat Congress leader Arjun Modhwadia dubbed the US delegation visit as a marketing gimmick and said it was a matter of shame.
(With IANS inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends