Congress session likely to adopt joint statement
New Delhi: The All India Congress Committee (AICC) meeting on November 02 is likely to adopt a joint statement on political, economic and international issues, a party leader said on Saturday.
"The meeting, to be held at the Talkatora Stadium, is likely to be a half-day affair, with its main agenda being election to Congress Working Committee (CWC)," the leader said.
AICC members are likely to authorise party president Sonia Gandhi to re-constitute the CWC, the party`s highest decision making body, he added.
The drafting committee is giving final shape to the statement, sources said. They said that since the AICC session will be followed by the party`s plenary in December, there may not be separate political and economic resolutions at the November 02 meeting.
The party is yet to decide the venue of plenary, to be held before December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress