Congress session likely to adopt joint statement
New Delhi: The All India Congress Committee (AICC) meeting on November 02 is likely to adopt a joint statement on political, economic and international issues, a party leader said on Saturday.
"The meeting, to be held at the Talkatora Stadium, is likely to be a half-day affair, with its main agenda being election to Congress Working Committee (CWC)," the leader said.
AICC members are likely to authorise party president Sonia Gandhi to re-constitute the CWC, the party`s highest decision making body, he added.
The drafting committee is giving final shape to the statement, sources said. They said that since the AICC session will be followed by the party`s plenary in December, there may not be separate political and economic resolutions at the November 02 meeting.
The party is yet to decide the venue of plenary, to be held before December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed