Congress session likely to adopt joint statement
New Delhi: The All India Congress Committee (AICC) meeting on November 02 is likely to adopt a joint statement on political, economic and international issues, a party leader said on Saturday.
"The meeting, to be held at the Talkatora Stadium, is likely to be a half-day affair, with its main agenda being election to Congress Working Committee (CWC)," the leader said.
AICC members are likely to authorise party president Sonia Gandhi to re-constitute the CWC, the party`s highest decision making body, he added.
The drafting committee is giving final shape to the statement, sources said. They said that since the AICC session will be followed by the party`s plenary in December, there may not be separate political and economic resolutions at the November 02 meeting.
The party is yet to decide the venue of plenary, to be held before December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack