Congress session likely to adopt joint statement
New Delhi: The All India Congress Committee (AICC) meeting on November 02 is likely to adopt a joint statement on political, economic and international issues, a party leader said on Saturday.
"The meeting, to be held at the Talkatora Stadium, is likely to be a half-day affair, with its main agenda being election to Congress Working Committee (CWC)," the leader said.
AICC members are likely to authorise party president Sonia Gandhi to re-constitute the CWC, the party`s highest decision making body, he added.
The drafting committee is giving final shape to the statement, sources said. They said that since the AICC session will be followed by the party`s plenary in December, there may not be separate political and economic resolutions at the November 02 meeting.
The party is yet to decide the venue of plenary, to be held before December 20.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India