Congress session likely to adopt joint statement
New Delhi: The All India Congress Committee (AICC) meeting on November 02 is likely to adopt a joint statement on political, economic and international issues, a party leader said on Saturday.
"The meeting, to be held at the Talkatora Stadium, is likely to be a half-day affair, with its main agenda being election to Congress Working Committee (CWC)," the leader said.
AICC members are likely to authorise party president Sonia Gandhi to re-constitute the CWC, the party`s highest decision making body, he added.
The drafting committee is giving final shape to the statement, sources said. They said that since the AICC session will be followed by the party`s plenary in December, there may not be separate political and economic resolutions at the November 02 meeting.
The party is yet to decide the venue of plenary, to be held before December 20.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city