Congress slams Arvind Kejriwal
New Delhi: Congress on Saturday hit out at activist Arvind Kejriwal for levelling charges of financial wrongdoing against people through media and alleged that his only aim is to defame people.
"If he (Kejriwal) has any evidence he should go to the government or any government agency. Merely by levelling allegations before the media he can only defame somebody but cannot get anything substantial out of it. This shows that he is only interested in defaming people," Congress spokesperson Rashid Alvi told reporters.
He challenged that if Kejriwal has any genuine documents then he should hand them over to the government.
"If anybody has done anything wrong law will take its own course," Alvi said.
Kejriwal had alleged on Friday that Congress MP from Unnao, Annu Tandon has a Swiss bank account in which she has illegally stashed Rs 100 crore. Tandon had denied the charge.
Asked about his source, Kejriwal had said it was a newly inducted minister in the Union Cabinet.
Alvi said that Kejriwal should disclose the name of the leader who revealed the details.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30