Congress slams Swamy, says Chidambaram clean
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram had nothing to do with the 2G scam, the Congress said on Friday, as it strongly backed the leader after the Supreme Court dismissed a petition seeking to make him co-accused in the case.
"We have been saying it right from the beginning -- Chidambaram has nothing to do with the 2G issue. There is no criminality on the part of Chidambaram," Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy said after the court dismissed Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy`s petition.
"Subramanian Swamy, everybody knows, has been filing petitions against everyone in the Congress. We will face him legally and politically. The collusion which Swamy alleges is absolutely incorrect," he said.
Swamy, a member of opposition National Democratic Alliance, had moved the apex court challenging a February 4 order by a trial court rejecting his plea to make Chidambaram co-accused along with former communications minister A Raja and seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe against him.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni too slammed Swamy.
"We always said there is not merit in the case," she said, adding that he had filed the petition to stay in the limelight.
"There was no ground to file this petition. It was just wasting the court`s time," she said.
Swamy has said he would file a review petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling