Congress slams Swamy, says Chidambaram clean
New Delhi: Finance Minister P Chidambaram had nothing to do with the 2G scam, the Congress said on Friday, as it strongly backed the leader after the Supreme Court dismissed a petition seeking to make him co-accused in the case.
"We have been saying it right from the beginning -- Chidambaram has nothing to do with the 2G issue. There is no criminality on the part of Chidambaram," Minister of State in Prime Minister`s Office V Narayanasamy said after the court dismissed Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy`s petition.
"Subramanian Swamy, everybody knows, has been filing petitions against everyone in the Congress. We will face him legally and politically. The collusion which Swamy alleges is absolutely incorrect," he said.
Swamy, a member of opposition National Democratic Alliance, had moved the apex court challenging a February 4 order by a trial court rejecting his plea to make Chidambaram co-accused along with former communications minister A Raja and seeking a Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) probe against him.
Information and Broadcasting Minister Ambika Soni too slammed Swamy.
"We always said there is not merit in the case," she said, adding that he had filed the petition to stay in the limelight.
"There was no ground to file this petition. It was just wasting the court`s time," she said.
Swamy has said he would file a review petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried at Chandanwadi's Bada Kabristan in Mumbai
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened