Congress spokesman Manish Tewari is MoS
New Delhi: Manish Tewari, Congress spokesperson, was Sunday sworn in as minister of state.
Tewari, who hails from Ludhiana, comes from a family deeply interested in politics. His father, Dr. V.N. Tewari, a professor of Punjab University, was slain by Sikh militants in 1984.
His mother served as a doctor at PGI, Chandigarh. His grandfather, Sardar Tirath Singh, was an advocate and a minister in the Congress government in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state