Congress spokesman Manish Tewari is MoS
New Delhi: Manish Tewari, Congress spokesperson, was Sunday sworn in as minister of state.
Tewari, who hails from Ludhiana, comes from a family deeply interested in politics. His father, Dr. V.N. Tewari, a professor of Punjab University, was slain by Sikh militants in 1984.
His mother served as a doctor at PGI, Chandigarh. His grandfather, Sardar Tirath Singh, was an advocate and a minister in the Congress government in Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan