Congress spokesman Manish Tewari is MoS
New Delhi: Manish Tewari, Congress spokesperson, was Sunday sworn in as minister of state.
Tewari, who hails from Ludhiana, comes from a family deeply interested in politics. His father, Dr. V.N. Tewari, a professor of Punjab University, was slain by Sikh militants in 1984.
His mother served as a doctor at PGI, Chandigarh. His grandfather, Sardar Tirath Singh, was an advocate and a minister in the Congress government in Punjab.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani