Congress steer clears of demands for Puducherry LG`s resignation
New Delhi: With Puducherry Lt Governor
Iqbal Singh landing in a fresh controversy, Congress on Wednesday continued to steer clear of demands for his resignation.
"Congress party has nothing to do with this matter. We
are not responsible for what a constitutional functionary
does," said party spokesperson Jayanti Natrajan.
She was replying to questions on the continuance of
the Lt Governor, a former Congressman, who is under ED scanner
for alleged links to suspected money launderer Hasan Ali Khan.
Singh was caught in a fresh controversy
over the administration`s in-principle clearance for a medical
college to be set up by a trust reportedly linked to him.
The controversy broke out over reports that some
members of the South Educational Trust, which plans to set up
a medical college at Karaikal, were from Singh`s family and
due procedures had not been followed.
The new controversy has erupted even as the Prime
Minister`s Office gave its nod to the Enforcement Directorate
to question Singh for his suspected links with Khan, a stud
farm owner, facing charges of money laundering and tax
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India