Congress steer clears of demands for Puducherry LG`s resignation
New Delhi: With Puducherry Lt Governor
Iqbal Singh landing in a fresh controversy, Congress on Wednesday continued to steer clear of demands for his resignation.
"Congress party has nothing to do with this matter. We
are not responsible for what a constitutional functionary
does," said party spokesperson Jayanti Natrajan.
She was replying to questions on the continuance of
the Lt Governor, a former Congressman, who is under ED scanner
for alleged links to suspected money launderer Hasan Ali Khan.
Singh was caught in a fresh controversy
over the administration`s in-principle clearance for a medical
college to be set up by a trust reportedly linked to him.
The controversy broke out over reports that some
members of the South Educational Trust, which plans to set up
a medical college at Karaikal, were from Singh`s family and
due procedures had not been followed.
The new controversy has erupted even as the Prime
Minister`s Office gave its nod to the Enforcement Directorate
to question Singh for his suspected links with Khan, a stud
farm owner, facing charges of money laundering and tax
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world